2/21/2012

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

Usually with these alcohol reviews o' mine there's some sort of story or thing to point out before I really get down to what you want to read about. Not so much this time, in fact none at all. I just like the concept of beer and cappuccino coming together and happening upon this one today means I'm one happy dude... but why is the dog so sad?

'Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout' pours out with a heavily creamy tan/gold-ish head and a dark bold body that's pretty much jet black in appearance, but with a little bit of redness if you should happen to place your glass near a light source. The smell is exactly what I'd imagined for; coffee, duh, but with a certain sweetness that makes it really inviting. The initial taste is fairly bitter, but the roasted coffee taste comes soon enough. There's also some bitter chocolate hanging around nipping at my buds with also a strange milky taste somewhere in there too. Tasty

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout comes as a 1 pint 6 fl oz. bottle with a ABV of 9.0%, which means it has a good kick to it as well since I just finished dinner before cracking this one open I can easily say that its fitting as a post-meal beer.

Not a whole heck of a lot more to say, really. This is creamy well balanced stout, which will surely please fans of both beer and cappuccino since two great things have merged together perfectly here, though having tasted Southerntier's, 'jah*va Imperial Coffee Stout' a few weeks ago I think that one might have the slight edge over this one.

Still, I don't get why that dog on the artwork is so goddamn glum looking? Cheer the fuck up, dawg!

2 comments:

  1. I've had a lot of coffee stouts lately and I just can't seem to really get into them. Jah*va was pretty insane though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jah*va was insane. I don't know what the hell was in that one but I sure did feel fucked up after drinking it. Or maybe I was just tired going into it, who knows, haha. I probably should have wrote about that one, but since I'd already reviewed Southerntier before it seemed best to review a different coffee stout.

      Delete