2/02/2014

Summit Brewing Company's, Rebellion Stout

Yes, its been a while since my last beer review, and I've not any excuse other than, "Monies were too tight for beer." Well, obviously that was a 1000% bullshit. Here we go.

Just as the bottle indicated, Rebellion Stout, pours out a blacker than night coal black color, and with a dark tan creamy head that retained a thick layer of foam.

The first sniff reveals a dark roasted malty scent with something of a black licorice aura swaying about in the back with some minor chocolate notes. The firs sip, and, WOW! Right on as the taste is just what the scent hinted at, with something of a smokiness character buried within, too. Curiously, I'm actually diggin' the licorice taste, which is weird since I've always found black licorice to be rather awful, but somehow the liquidized stout version isn't so bad at all. As I sipped from my glass and got about half of it done I also noticed that usual stout coffee taste appearing, which naturally is to my liking. Full bodied and just deliciousness, completely, and its reassuring to know that there's five more from this 6-packer still waiting in the fridge for me.

This St. Paul, Minnesota brewed stout packs a heavy 8.5% ABV per each 12 oz bottle, which means I'll be rightly trashed if I should choose to finish them all off tonight. As far as I can remember, this is my first taste of Summit brewing, but surely not the last, as this one will be purchased again, and I'm surely curious to explore their other brews, as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment